Updated: Feb 26
With so many choices out there, it can get overwhelming when looking for a great Ultrasound Registry Review Tutor for SPI, Physics, Breast, OB/GYN, Pediatric Sonography, Vascular or Abdomen exams!
Trying to find a great ultrasound registry review tutor can be tricky. You want someone who is knowledgeable and experienced, but you also want someone who is patient and able to adapt to your learning style. At Prepry we have helped thousands of students pass their exams. While our Prepry app offers a variety of features that make it easy to use and convenient for students, some people like to use a 1 on 1 tutor as well. In this blog post, I’ll share some tips on how to find a great ultrasound registry review tutor.
1. Your tutor should NOT make you feel stupid or bad about yourself for not understanding the material. If you do feel that way, you need to move on right away! They should be encouraging, uplifting, and instill a sense of self-assurance in you.
2. You should meet with the tutor face-to-face (either online or in-person). If a tutor requests to only communicate via email, chat, or phone. This is utter nonsense and a SCAM! You want to be able to see the tutor, speak with them, and get feedback from them. Zoom and Skype are very simple to use and do not cost a lot of money. If they say the only way to communicate with them is through email or text chat, then you should MOVE ON.
3. The tutor needs to be a registered sonographer with either the ARDMS or the CCI. Simply inquire as to what they are registered in. Then, to check the status, go to the ardms website and enter their name or email address. Verification or recognition of registry reports can indicate whether a person is active or retired.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS)
• Abdomen (AB)
• Breast (BR)
• Fetal Echocardiography (FE)
• Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
• Pediatric Sonography (PS)
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)
Specialty examinations: • Adult Echocardiography (AE) • Fetal Echocardiography (FE) • Pediatric Echocardiography (PE)
Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT)
Registered in Musculoskeletal® (RMSK®) sonography